Header

Header

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Member Profile: Get to know Heidi Johnson!


I'm thrilled to present to you the first of many CCPOM Member Profiles. We're a diverse and interesting group; each member with a special story to tell.  We look forward to reading your stories!  And now, everything* you ever wanted to know about our fun, fearless CCPOM Co-President and NCA Convention Co-Chair, Heidi Johnson.  (*Ok, maybe not EVERYthing.)

How long have you been a member of CCPOM and what made you want to join?
I joined CCPOM in 2005, a few months after I learned I was pregnant with my twins.  I had heard about the CCPOM's awesome ETC sale, and after meeting all the wonderful and supportive ladies at a club meeting, I knew I wanted to be a part of this group and to get more involved. 

What has been your best  experience so far? 
My best experience so far is all the fun I have had getting to know other members by attending NCA conventions and taking a chance on various roommates.  What a blast we have had every time, and it's a great way to vent to people who truly understand.  I have also enjoyed very much being an Angel Mom for several moms of "twins +1 surprise baby. "

How do you spend your days?  
I work as a Legal Nurse Consultant for a law firm in San Fran, I play games with my kids and help them do homework, I love to try to squeeze in a quick work-out or hike in our neighborhood, and then of course that pesky housework takes up way too much time

What do you like best about living in the East Bay?  
I LOVE the weather here!

What’s your guiltiest pleasure?  
Having a martini straight up in lieu of dinner and sitting down to watch Teen Mom by myself.

Do you have any hidden talents?
I can make a decent meal given any left over items in the fridge at the end of the week; it doesn't matter how weird.  And I can get my kids to eat it by saying "tonight we are having SURPRISE dinner!"  I cover their plate with the lid to my wok and place it in front of them, uncover and yell "Surprise!"  They love it.

What’s one thing on your bucket list?  
Taking my own mom to Europe.  I have more fun with her than anyone else I know!

What is your "desert island" book, CD, or movie?  
I could watch Despicable Me a thousand times and still be laughing.

Who inspires you? 
My mom and my dad…I hope my kids feel the same later in life?

What was your first (or favorite) job?  
No joke, my first job was at a barbecue restaurant called "It's The Pits" because they pit-smoked their meats.  They obviously did not consult a marketing adviser before choosing that name.  Alas, the place did not survive, but they started my love of pecan pie!

Tell us about your family...
My husband Chris and I have 7 year old boy/girl twins, Samya & Levi, then we go our little surprise daughter exactly a year later— Kalia, 6.  We also have a pet bunny named Moses, who follows us around like a puppy.

Do you have a funny birth story you'd like to share?
My water broke at home with a gush, and I was so shocked and creeped out by the HUGE mess, that I took a shower and got on my hands & knees with a bucket and scrubbed up the mess before I left for the hospital. Although I don't recommend you feel compelled to do the same if this happens to you, it was a good thing I did, because my floors haven't seen a mop since! 

What advice can you give to new moms of twins?
Just go easy on yourself!  Don't beat yourself up for mistakes.  There will be many, so just ask forgiveness (even if it is your small kids you are asking). Asking forgiveness will make you feel better, even if the kids don't understand.  There is a lot of chaos and turmoil with multiples.  Pile that on top of other life problems, and it can give anyone a panic attack.  Just remember, no matter what anyone tells you, YOU ARE A GREAT MOTHER, and you are doing your best.  I think we should all tell each other "You are a great mother!" every chance we get because many of us do not hear it at home (or at least not enough), and it is the only thing we really want to hear.

"James Lipton Inside the Actors Studio" question: What's your favorite curse word?
I don't really like curse words, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't cut out "Crap!"

A big thanks to Heidi for making time for this interview!  If you have questions for Heidi, you may contact her via email at c-hjohnson@sbcglobal.net. 



No comments:

Post a Comment