Header

Header

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Spotlight of Members: MaryJane and Charlie Huenergardt




We are MaryJane and Charlie Huenergardt, parents to Haley and Loula, born June 8, 2009. You'll recognize us immediately by our heights--Charlie is 6'7" and I'm 6'3". We met via MySpace in June 2006 and got married in February 2009. Charlie proposed to me on the Northeast bank of the American River near Auburn over Thanksgiving weekend 2008, and the next day I took a positive pregnancy test!


The wedding was held at the Presidio Officers' Club as both of our families live in the area. I was about 14 weeks pregnant and just starting to show, but my height and dress concealed the bump nicely. We were able to keep the news somewhat secret until the end of our honeymoon---a drive down the length of the Pacific Coastal US, which was cut short when I had what was thought to be a marginal placental abruption and was hospitalized for three nights in San Luis Obispo.


Upon returning to our apartment in Oakland (near Lake Merritt), I immediately started three months of bed rest. To help me get through, my mother-in-law would come over a couple times a week with 'Magnum PI' DVD's along with yarn for knitting baby stuff while we admired Tom Selleck's physique. At 28 weeks my "Braxton-Hicks" contractions became alarmingly regular, so I was admitted to continue bed resting at Alta Bates and ended up delivering at 30 weeks. The girls stayed in the NICU for a few weeks before coming home, and in September we moved to Moraga in search of a more family friendly community.


Charlie's a video game designer for Page 44 Games in SF, and I left my job as a Sales Analyst at Monster.com (also in SF) when the girls were born to be a full-time mom. I still knit and crochet whenever I can. Charlie plays video games and tinkers with new concepts in his spare time. We both enjoy walking in the area's open spaces, and any given weekday afternoon, weather permitting, one can typically find me pushing the Duoglider on the Lafayette-Moraga trail.


We absolutely love it here and plan to stay for a good, long time. CCPOM playgroups have been a great way to meet other moms, and I value the friends I've made. I'm pregnant again--due in mid-September--with a singleton. Three kids (and our two Abyssinian cats) will be just right for our family.


MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment